Saturday, May 28, 2011

It Gets Better


This is something that really hits home for me. 

Bullying


Growing up and being different in ANY way 
can make you a target for
other kids in Elementary, Jr High and High School.

 I graduated from High School a year early at the ripe ol' age of 16.


BEST THING I EVER DID!


I was so miserable at school, and it didn't just start in High School, 
it was in Elementary on up.


Going to College was like a whole new world where people loved you for you and didn't rely on others misery to thrive. 

Being the young, smart girl was actually 'cool'!

The It Gets Better project is directed more towards 
gay and lesbian teens, but for me 
it applies to ALL teenagers who are suffering from 
bullying and depression. 

It. Has. To. Stop.

We need to give hope to ALL kids who feel like 
life isn't worth living.

Now I have the BEST husband, beautiful daughter, great family, unforgettable friends and an awesome job.
My life didn't start until college.

Don't give up, It gets better!!

Love, Natalie

1 comment:

The Danielson said...

I agree it needs to stop! I worry about our kids going to school when the time comes.