This subject has come up a lot recently...
How should I react???
Well I'm a control freak.
Plain and simple.
{Hence, the coke and mentos analogy}
But it depends on what.
Like, I can't stand when my daughter explores her independence of parental control
{ahhhh!}
But I tend to be very lenient with music,
dress code, and movies.
As Mom's we tend to discuss our problems
with other Mom's looking for advice.
**LOVE girl talk!**
This particular topic has come to the forefront. While some of my friends/family are wondering:
"How long do shorts need to be?"
or
"Does my daughter really know what she is singing about?"
It made me think...
Then recalling my first 'grip with reality' made me laugh.
I was 11 when Spice Girls came out with the song "Wannabe"
While visiting my cousins we were singing to that song in the car and my Uncle so eloquently chimed in:
"You know that these girls are saying 'If you want to be my
boyfriend you have to sleep with my other girlfriends first' "
{crickets chirping}
"Ummm...yea, we know."
Translation: "I had no clue, but thanks for the
mental image now."
**On a side note, He is no longer my Uncle.
Anyways, I am so glad I don't have to cross that bridge at this moment because laxness...
Maybe Mother Bear mode will kick in when it needs to ;)
{image from here}

1 comment:
I love that mentos letter! But it is very true, everybody has their own thoughts and views on a subject it can be hard for you to make your own decision on what is okay and what is not. I especially have a hard time seeing LDS girls wearing short shorts, and I know it's because my mother always told me that she had to get rid of half her wardrobe when she went through the temple. I always felt that I should prepare for the temple by wearing those things I would still be able to wear after going, but I still had to give Kaylee one pair of my shorts that was a couple inches shorter than my garments lol. You are a great mom to Vivian and I know you'll teach her those things that are most important :)
Post a Comment